Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Todays planned shopping trip

After a rather sad start to my week, I am finally back on track. I didn't waste my time this week so far, I just worked on non-couponing related things, because I cannot coupon and handle cashiers and all those numbers if I am stressed. This week so far I figured out that my favorite super-long t-shirts that Paris Paris (a boutique here) charges between $25 and $70 for, are available at Ross right now, for $5.99!! The brand is either Zanana Outfitters, or Black Dress, same shirt, just a different label. I managed to get a nice collection of them, and I was very excited because they really fit perfectly!
I also switched nail stuff from CND Brisa to Ink Shellac. I read on the back of the Ink shellac bottle that it cures under UV in 2 minutes, or under LED for 30 seconds. 30 seconds??? I added an LED lamp to my repertoire (found it cheap on e-bay), hopefully it will make doing my nails go from over an hour to under 30 minutes. That would certainly be amazing, because I HATE waiting for that stuff to cure, and doing it myself means I take forever painting 4 nails on one hand, curing it, painting 4 nails on the other hand, curing it, second coat on the first hand, cure, top coat, cure, I have to do the thumbs separately so they set properly, so those two minutes cure times really really add up! Also love that this version is soak-off, the Brisa wasn't, I bought the entire kit long before soak off existed, and I couldn't financially justify switching to the newer stuff until I had used up the kit I bought. So, all that stuff is checked off my list, yay!! Should make my at-home manicure project much faster and more fun, and I get to experiment much more and still save money compared to what I used to pay at a salon for the same service.
I buy a lot of my nail stuff locally these days, because there is a fantastic nail supply store next to LeeLees market that carries absolutely everything imaginable for nails, at great prices. The owner is from Viet Nam, he was telling me a bit about his life story, and it makes me happy to shop there and support him.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand:
Today I plan to go and get the Farmer John sausages that are free after coupon at Safeway. I hate shopping at my Safeway because they hate coupons and all people who brandish them. The last time I was in I actually was using a coupon from their display in the store, and they hassled me about it! Thankfully it isn't hot out today, and there are lots of Safeways around me, so I am simply going to do a big round robin until I get all the sausages I have coupons for, or rainchecks, if they are sold out, which happens frequently around here, keeping within Safeway's coupon limits, and still stocking my freezer. I also need to pick up the Nivea lip care products at Safeway that are free after coupon, so that will also happen today.
The other thing on my agenda is to stop in at my Walgreens and see if my Hot Wheels order came in. Normally they call me when I order something and it arrives, and it is already mid-week and no phone call, so getting a little apprehensive! The cars were a deal that came out before I started this blog, the Hot wheels are .79 cents each this week, and there was a coupon for $3 off wyb $10 worth. I had two of the coupons, and realized my Walgreens only had 10 of those cars in stock, so I placed my order two weeks ago for this sale so I would be able to maximize this deal. Hopefully they get them and I can get the cars, I figure the kids  will either enjoy them this summer, or they will make great stocking stuffers or birthday gifts, or I will sell them on either Craigslist or E-bay. We have a toy surplus lately, and all these great toy deals at Target, CVS, and Walgreens are certainly not helping! Of all the things to be overstocked on, lol!






No comments:

Post a Comment