Thursday, March 22, 2012

Overdrawn...

Today I am having a bad day. Perhaps everything will turn out fine, perhaps not. This is only one of my bad-day causing issues, the other is much worse, and I don't want to talk about it. In the meantime, I thought I would share a tip for anyone in my situation.
My bank account is suddenly $2 overdrawn. One issue with couponing is that I constantly do little tiny charges on my cards. These charges have a way of sneaking up on me. One day my account will say $18, the next it will be $2 overdrawn (today), with very little rhyme or reason, and PayPal, which I also use constantly, isn't any help, that account says I have $8, but then charged my bank account anyway. If I were a better bookkeeper I am sure I could just track everything in Quicken and move on with my life, but well, I am not that organized. I forget things here and there, and I do lots of things, all the time! Those under $1 transactions really can add up in months where there are lots of great deals.
So, what is my solution? I bank with USAA, and I do not have access to their electronic deposit app. My husband does, but I do not, and he is out of town. I mailed checks for over $50 two days ago (all rebate checks!), but they haven't hit yet. I have until midnight tonight to work out a solution.
Well, here is my solution. Target automatically and immediately refunds my account as soon as I do a return there. I don't know if this will work for everybody, but it works with my account. I am simply going to go return some things that I got earlier in the month that I have extra of, in couponing we always have extra, thankfully! These amounts will go directly back to my bank account and save my financial bacon! Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment