Saturday, March 17, 2012

$50 Sharebuilder Account Bonus

I just noticed that one of the adsense ads on my page is for Sharebuilder. If you open an account you can get a $50 bonus (you must deposit $50 to open the account and be eligible for the bonus, and you won't get the bonus for a while, so read all the fine print!). You can also get another $50 bonus if you open a custodial account. I have done this for myself, and for my son, and also opened an electric orange savings account for a $25 bonus, and an electric orange checking account for another $50 bonus. In my experience, they don't have account minimum balances or monthly fees for any of these accounts, so it is a nice cheap way to get a good account bonus. Just look for the click through banners, and watch your e-mails, I think I found the $25 bonus for the savings account in an e-mail they sent me after I opened another account, and the $50 for a checking account came from a click through banner on yahoo.com.

Once you open a sharebuilder account you can use the following codes to get free Automatic Investment Plan trades:

2012aip is good for 12 automatic trades until 3/31/2012
12AIP is also good for 12 free automatic trades, and also expires 3/31/2012

These codes also stack, but no idea when they expire or what they are good for:


SK483GXM2BU9
3aip
bday12jy


I do not know if the banner shows for everyone since so many internet ads are individually targeted these days, but if it doesn't show for you try visiting the sharebuilder website, then returning here. You have to click through the banner to get the $50 bonus.

Once you have your account, you can deposit money and do some free trades, I am a buy and hold type of investor, and I find it nice with sharebuilder because with their automatic investment plan I can schedule my investments, use the codes to get the trades for free, and buy portions of shares of companies I otherwise couldn't buy on my own. For example, if I have $50 to invest, I can invest it in Apple, even though their stock is trading at a few hundred per share right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment